JUL Designs Leather Pedestal Buttons
Pedestal Buttons are improvisational. These closures require no commitment, no sewing, and no pre-planning. Instead, they are flexible components that can transform knitted garments and accessories. To use Pedestal Buttons, unscrew the leather backing and remove the back disk from the shank. Holding the front disk (on the screw mechanism shank), work the shank gently in between the stitches of your knitwear from the front. Place the back disk of leather, smooth side out, over the screw shank on the inside of the knitwear. Screw in the backing with your fingers to secure.
These innovative screw-in "buttons" can be used not only as substitutes for conventional buttons, they may also be used to create shaping, to attach one knitted piece to another, and to baste knitted fabric so that it stays in place semi-permanently (see the Marmalade and Chocolate Collar in the Furrow pattern). Be creative.
- Made in the USA
- Genuine leather
- Sizes: Small, Medium & Large: 7/8 inch, 1.5 inch, and 2 inch diameters (packaged individually)
- Click HERE to see a demonstration video on YouTube
- Click HERE to see a video demonstration on styling ideas using screw-in closures and pedestal buttons
- Click HERE for patterns from JUL Deigns
- Other patterns are from Berroco Norah Gaughan Vol 9